The ACIT’s mission is the improvement of the quality of economic governance as an important instrument for the economic growth and development, as well as the increase in the benefits of the society and citizens from the opportunities of economic integration. In its activities, ACIT assists both, the private business and the decision making bodies, in their efforts for increasing the economic performance and ensuring sustainable growth through improved competitiveness at all its dimensions. ACIT services and expertise are extended to several interest groups, to the media and public at large, thus creating the necessary awareness and promoting the participation and informed debate on the effective policies and management issues. Providing up-to-date and filtered trade information, performing quality research work, facilitating policy forums on economic policies, and undertaking capacity building activities, are the main areas of ACIT’s competency and expertise.
To accomplish this mission, ACIT has developed its strategy based on five main pillars. ACIT operates as:
- a study and research centre on economic governance and related policies;
- a consultancy and resource centre, which provides direct access to analytical information on economy and its impact in society;
- a training and capacity building centre, providing ad-hoc curricula for various sectors;
- a promotion centre for the competitiveness of the Albanian economy;
- a dialogue forum among various stakeholders and interest groups, aiming at the improvement of economic policies and the informed public debate.